Clean Teeth and Fresh Breath For Pets
Fresh breath is a sign of good dental health in your pet. If your pet has bad breath, this may be a sign of dental decay and gum disease which may affect your pet’s immune system.
There are a number of options for you to consider:
1. Getting your pet’s teeth cleaned. This can be expensive and not comfortable for your pet as the vet may wish to use general anesthetic. There are some places that offer anesthetic free teeth cleaning. You may wish to consider that.
2. Prevention is always the best solution, so cleaning your pet’s teeth is another alternative.However, not all dogs and cats like to have their teeth cleaned. You can easily find a variety of pet toothbrushes from the kind that you put on your finger(tip) to actual brushes, and toothpastes for dogs and cats. There are also gels that you just rub in their mouths, perhaps that is an easier solution.
3. Additives – there are also drops that you can add to your pet’s drinking water.This is good alternative if your pet drinks water.
4. Raw bones or other chewable treats.There is a big variety of chewable treats such as Greenies for both dogs and cats.In addition, raw bones offer a good option for your pets.
- A healthy, delicious treat!
- Cleans away tartar and bad bacteria.
- Flosses and strengthens teeth.
- Reduces stress.
- A great source of calcium.
- Provides mental stimulation.
- Keeps your pet busy.
- Fun for cats and dogs of all ages.
Come and talk to us at Pet Pantry about what you can do to improve your pet’s dental health.